Wednesday, April 20, 2011

You Can't Miss: New Beauty Magazine

Okay, for those of you I have already harassed about my latest discovery, you already know how obsessed I am with a high-end beauty magazine that addresses expensive beauty remedies such as botox, liposuction, and a broad range of expensive creams and serums that solve anti-aging, scarring, etc. It's a futuristic fashion magazine that assumes readers who are willing to spend $10 on their magazine, are also willing to spend a large amount on surgical beauty procedures. Interesting idea... and their design is outrageously unique and fabulous! Check out these covers:

The sell lines caught my eye first. I remember Jan talking about odd placement of sell lines in beginning design as being a risky move, but I love that this publication attempted it. I respect their courage and I think the end result matches the overall tone the magazine is looking for.

These types of sell lines are much different than the above photo, but I liked that the publication was not only daring enough to mess with the positioning of sell lines, but also switch up the cover design from issue to issue. I really love the type they're using for these sell lines, too. The slant of the type gives the whole photo a movement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment