Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Critique: Modern Midwest Round 2

So, we are presenting our next round of drafts for the magazine prototypes tomorrow and I feel much more prepared this time. Last time, I think all the groups were scrambling to put something together on a few spreads for the presentation, but I feel like the groups have all had enough time to work together and modify their style palettes. It was so helpful for our group in particular to be able to use images from Google because the creative library we have access to is limited to beautiful photos of mostly food and home decor. We needed more people in our photos and action, and although we did have to supplement the pages with a few photo shoots, knowing that we had more freedom with the photos was really helpful. I'm excited for the presentations tomorrow! As of now, I just have to finish a few more cutouts for my bachelor(ette) party feature, then I'm done and ready to polish up some of those final details. So, here they are:




2 comments:

  1. those look really great! I love the splash page so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love the splash page that you added. I think it really starts the story off on a great note and summarizes the mood/theme. And having seen what you've done with your pages since you originally posted, I can say that you have done some great things with your department and the calendar as well. I really like the way you treated the albums by highlighting one and placing the others in almost a sidebar-like structure. Great job!

    ReplyDelete