Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Response: Mini Portfolios

I really enjoyed looking through some old examples of mini portfolios in class the other day. It's so interesting to see all the different ways one can put their portfolio together. Not only do the contents matter, but the design of the portfolio itself is essential.

For my mini portfolio, I think I'm leaning towards the larger square size that we discussed the other day. I think seeing the designs as large as possible is the best plan. Like Jan said, making it bigger also means the flaws are bigger, but I think that is something I'm willing to deal with because past flaws can be altered before I put them into the final portfolio. I want the overall look to be clean, crisp, and as simple as possible. I liked how some of the designs we looked at had the description of the pages on the left and the designs on the right so as not to clutter the pages. I don't have as many examples as some people, either, so this plan may help me to fill up the page minimum. Can't wait to see how everyone's mini portfolios turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment