Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Critique: 30 Under 30

It's the week after spring break and I've seen my design class in the lab with me night after night since the moment we all got back to Columbia, or just rolled out of bed... We all have a lot to finish in these last few weeks we have in this semester, but I've been focusing primarily on the 30 Under 30 spreads that are due in lab tomorrow. It would be nice to have another clip from Vox before this class is up, but I'm competing with some pretty impressive talent! Here is my splash page and the first 30 of the 30 Under 30 features.... It's not quite finished yet, but I will be taking care of that over the next few hours!


I started with my idea for a retro style gas station, made the sign in Illustrator, then moved on from there to start working in the profiles. I still need to do the cutouts, but I'm just going to see how much time I end up having at the end of the night... Good luck to everyone in the competition tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. I saw you working on your splash page last night. I like how it has turned out. It is a neat idea and your illustration skills putting all of those elements together really show. Looks good so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed looking at your photo-a-day collection! Sounds/looks like you had a great time. Your typography turned out really good. The letters fit well together. Looks nice.
    I LOVE your 30 under 30 splash page! It looks so good with the full-bleed photo as the background image, and the sign is great. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did a really good job of blending photography with illustration in your 30 under 30 designs, especially on your splash page. At first glance, I couldn't even tell that it was an illustration. This is something I struggle with because I'm still not 100% comfortable with illustration, but you really pulled it off. I also think the colors and typography you chose go really well with your retro gas station vibe.

    ReplyDelete